Below are resources that I’ve used (and continue to use) to improve my teaching.
- Five Easy Lessons: Strategies for Successful Physics Teaching by Randall Knight
- Teaching Introductory Physics by Arnold B. Arons
- Newtonian Tasks Inspired by Physics Education Research: nTIPERs by C. J. Hieggelke, D. P. Maloney and Steve Kanim
- TIPERs: Sensemaking Tasks for Introductory Physics by C. J. Hieggelke, D. P. Maloney and Steve Kanim
Science Formative Assessment
- Science Formative Assessment: 75 Practical Strategies for Linking Assessment, Instruction, and Learning by Page D. Keeley.
- Uncovering Student Ideas in Physical Science, Vol.1 (Force and Motion) by Page D. Keeley and Rand Harrington.
- Uncovering Student Ideas in Physical Science, Vol. 2 (E&M) by Page D. Keeley and Rand Harrington.
- Fair Isn’t Always Equal by Rick Wormeli
- Formative Assessment and Standards-Based Grading: Classroom Strategies That Work by Robert J. Marzano